This is the best remedy for a child's cold
Ah, well ... the season has started again! Ideally, you want to get rid of your annoying stuffy / runny nose, cough and sore throat. But what is the best remedy for the cold in your baby / child?
You may be trying to rid your child of those nasty cold ailments with cough medicines and nasal sprays, but according to scientists there is only one way to deal with the cold of your baby / child: be patient and make sure you are have enough handkerchiefs in your home!
A research team of international doctors says in the journal British Medical Journal: do not prescribe medication for children under six years, because that does not help. Or its usefulness has not yet been proven. Their conclusion is: the best medicine is no medicine.
Yet there are some things you can do to ease the suffering a bit. You can do this with young children:
- Give a few spoonfuls of honey a day for cough. But beware: this is only allowed in children from one year.
- Have your child drink regularly to prevent dehydration.
- Rinse the nose with a physiological saline solution
- Let your child take it easy and let him take a nap if he needs it.
- Put a cut onion next to your child's bed so that his stuffy nose becomes slightly less.
Leave a comment on this article
comments (1) Send a thank you message
From alishakapoor In Other1 1536 04/01/2020