How to know your baby isn't even a toddler anymore
Everyone who has one or more children knows that the cliché 'They grow up so fast' is absolutely true. You blink twice and your baby is a toddler. Another blink and that phase is already over; here comes infancy!
Here are 9 ways you know your baby isn't even a toddler anymore...
- You start to express his age in years instead of months. If you say "37 months" to someone they'll get a little frown on their face, and you'll then say "sorry, 3 years"
- You no longer speak at your child, but have full blown conversations - which usually goes off in a thousand directions!
- You must swallow your swear words carefully if you do not want them repeated throughout the day or do not want to answer the question; mama, what is F$@*!?
- Your little lamb is sleeping in a big bed. He looks so small in that big bed, but also he's just so big...
- You do not even try to help him anymore, because he just says, "I can do it!"
- He tells you; 'Good mama, well done' if you do something you usually compliment him on, such as dressing, cleaning up toys, doing your deeds on the toilet ...
- He suddenly can do something without you realizing it; Riding the tricycle, putting on tricky shoes, cutting his meat, catching a ball (and throwing it in the neighbors in the garden ...), singing a complete repertoire of children's songs, count to 10, you name it. He learns so quickly and sucks everything up.
- 'Playing peekaboo', 'playing hide-and-seek' is given away by buttocks and legs sticking out under the duvet, feet under the curtains or the giggles from the closet.
- Your enthusiasm has to feign for every bird, excavator, truck, bus, tree, whatever, because that is what he shows you all day long with amazement and you want to see. So you rediscover for yourself the wonders of the world.
But when he is sleeping with his cuddly cloth in his hand and thumb in his mouth, I still think: you are and will remain my little baby.