Grandparents are a big help in raising children
What role do the grandparents play in the life of your family and their grandchild? Pregnology was extremely curious and so we did a survey. And guess what? Grandparents are a big support in the education of their grandchild.
More than 49 percent of the 612 respondents said that the grandparents are a big support in the upbringing of the grandchild. 20 percent say that the grandparents are not a big support in the upbringing and 31 percent say that it is somewhere in between.
It seems that we are happy with this support because the majority think that grandfathers and grandmothers do not interfere too much with the upbringing. Still, 14 percent think grandparents are too involved.
Although we recently reported that grandparents are not happy with the name of their grandchild, our survey shows the opposite. No less than 67 percent say that the grandparents are happy with the name of their grandchild. It is striking that a fairly large proportion replies that their child is named after one of the grandparents, namely about 27 percent.
Present at the delivery
Regarding parents and in-laws who are present at the delivery: 19 percent of the respondents said that the parents were present at the delivery and only a small part had invited the in-laws: 5 percent.
Other survey results
Some other nice facts that emerged from the research:
- At 94 percent, the grandparents were the first to visit after the birth.
- 35 percent of grandparents visit once per week.
- 10 percent of grandparents never visit.
- 20 percent think that grandfathers and grandmothers spoil their grandchild too much.
- 37 percent of the respondents say that the grandchildren prefer be around the parents of the mother
- 54 percent say that the bond with the grandparents is very good.
Leave a comment on this article
Articles - 10 days
From kathryncarrick In Q&A276 774 06/15/2019
From realairjordans In Other3 2066 05/30/2019
From realairjordans In Other0 1813 06/02/2019