20 things you'll think on your first night with baby
Here we are - you've delivered your baby and now he's huddled on your chest, a little beacon of joy. A while ago he was still in your belly and now he's screaming loudly.
Now he's ready to take home, and here are twenty things I thought during the first nights with my children.
- Why's he crying now?
- Ugh, I'm in pain! It seems like I'm burning down from below. Is that normal?
- Can I have another paracetamol?
- So small! Look at his hair! And his feet!
- Hey, a kick! Oh no, that was a bowel movement.
- I have to pee. But I do not want to because it hurts!
- Wow, this must be the most beautiful child on the world!
- I just gave birth! I. Have A. Baby. OMG!
- I do not do this anymore anymore!
- Pfff I'm tired.
Oh, he's crying again! What should we do now then?
They say that babies sleep a lot? Has mine missed that memo?
Please make this pain stop!
Is he too hot? Is he too cold?
I wish the midwife was here.
How do I stay awake during the midwife's visit.
Oh. He spits. Lovely.
Maybe just sleep for a second....
Ah, it's an hour and a half later! We have slept!
I want to do all this again!